2014 Australian Drugs Conference
Ice & Altered Realities
How did we get here … and what can we do about it?
There is evidence within Australia of an increase in crystal methamphetamine/ice use; influenced in part by increasing purity and availability. Recent experience in Victoria shows how rapidly ice use can spread. Methamphetamine and emerging synthetic drugs pose new challenges in a time of stretched resources.
Join your peers and other experts to help set new priorities and expand efforts to address the impacts of drugs at the individual and community level.
Take new ideas and solutions back to your workplace to help you support your community.
What to expect at the Australian Drugs Conference:
- The latest perspectives on methamphetamine: public health policy, research, impact, interventions and responses
- The latest on cannabinoids and other synthetic drugs: pharmacology, toxicity, and harms
- Naloxone access to reduce fatal overdoses: models for widespread community coverage
- Hepatitis C: use of new antiretrovirals in prevention strategies
- Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs (PIEDs): emergency department presentations and access to free NSP services
- And more …
If you have any questions about the Australian Drugs Conference, please contact us.